23 May 2017
Our Company & Culture
James Heal is based in two adjoining former textile mills, a short distance from Halifax Town Centre. We Design and Manufacture Testing Instruments predominantly for the Textile Industry.
As a growing company with an expanding global customer base, we have exciting opportunities to expand into new markets. Our customers conduct hundreds of different tests with our software. That’s why software development is driven by a strong team of people and processes.
Working here, we offer a great environment with an energetic, enthusiastic and collaborative team who are designing exciting new products for one of the most respected companies in the Industry.
As a Software Design Engineer at James Heal, you’re part of a dynamic, growing and collaborative Product Innovation team making big things happen in the world of Textiles and Materials Testing. You push the boundaries of what's considered possible; giving our customers solutions which satisfy their own business objectives.
The purpose of this role is to design, evaluate and test in accordance with the design procedures, all new and redesigned James Heal testing instruments, in line with the company’s New Product Development (NPD) plan.
You will strengthen our team of multi-disciplined engineers with your experience and education, reporting to the Lead Software Design Engineer you will be responsible for the design and development of Software systems.
• Responsible for the development of efficient software solutions, from the initial concept, top-level design right through to test and production of new software.
• Create storyboards and flow diagrams appropriate to the product
• Has an interest in making software which is simple and intuitive to use
• Development of a new Touchscreen embedded system (C, C++, GCC)
• Maintain and grow our current range of C# WPF desktop applications
• Produce the necessary production files for manufacture of new designs and design changes
• Contribute to the formulation and upkeep of the NPD
The ideal candidate will have
• The ideal candidate will have experience as an Embedded Software Engineer or Similar Role
• Degree qualified or HND equivalent level of education in software engineering
• Experience with C/C++ (Ideally with embedded systems), C#, ASP.NET, Visual-Studio
• Experience with STM32 or electronic system design a distinct advantage
If you wish to become part of our success story, and are excited to work for a growing international Company, please submit your full CV with a Cover letter telling us why you would fit right in.
No agencies please.
EU residents only.